Safe Taxi and Private Hire Charter Launches
The ‘Safe Taxi & Private Hire Charter’ asks taxi operators including private hire, chauffeur and executive companies, to sign up and create a safe and hygienic environment for both customers and drivers.
Initiated by three of the UK’s leading taxi dispatch software providers, Autocab, Cordic, and iCabbi, their goal is to unite the entire industry with the common goal of promoting taxis and private hire vehicles as a safe mode of transport.
They are calling for all operators to join in this mission by signing up for the Safe Taxi & Private Hire Charter and nationwide Go Safe Go Taxi campaign.
A full list of procedures taxi operators and drivers must adhere to when signing the Safe Taxi Charter:
- Social Distancing guidelines will be followed by the driver.
- Drivers will have no physical contact with the passenger. (Unless in an emergency situation or if a passenger requests assistance)
- Hand sanitisers will be provided to all drivers and customers. Drivers will sanitise their hands regularly.
- Option to pay by card through the app, to avoid drivers and passengers using cash.
- Vehicles which have a shield installed will be regularly cleaned and sanitised.
- Drivers will wear clean clothes each day, be well-presented and maintain impeccable personal hygiene.
- Drivers will wear PPE in line with the latest government guidelines.
- The Passenger area of the vehicle will be wiped down and cleaned with sanitiser regularly.
- The Driver will conduct a weekly inspection and deep clean of their vehicle.
- Signage to be displayed, (where available and where licensing permits) to convey safety and sanitation messages in and out of vehicle.